Founded in 1995 HLM Consulting rebranded to Hidden Business Profits (HBP) in 2018, to reflect a more comprehensive business offering.
HBP are Business Development & Implementation Consultants which help any business of any size in any sector discover and capture additional profits which are hiding in plain sight. (read more)
HBP always starts the dialogue with potential clients with our unique Discovery & Due Diligence Process. This involves us asking decision-makers questions which they may previously have not considered. This is a process known as Thought Sequencing.
This is now done by using our proprietary Hidden Profit Discovery Tool. It is cloud-based, GDPR compliant and uses robust security protocols.
Points to consider
A doctor's good health report follows diagnosis and prognosis. It is the same with any commercial entity.
We know from experience that in every business, whether it is highly successful, producing average results or just ticking over, there are almost always increased profits, hiding in plain sight.
Challenges which we had to overcome
1. Almost all of our previous new clients did not know they had areas for potential profit improvement until we approached them, or they had been referred to us.
2. Extensive research using revealed that the appropriate keywords are not be searched in any significant volume, which supports (1) above.
3. Most decision-makers dislike being sold to and most have ‘gatekeepers’ to protect them from unsolicited cold calls. We must make it easy for them to approach us.
3. By far the biggest majority of UK decision-makers are reticent to embrace changes for the better and fear being accused of failure when areas for improvement are identified. Our approach offers help not criticism.
4. A high percentage of potential clients have an accounting acid test ratio of 1.0 or less, indicating that these businesses were not maximising their return on capital employed.
5. A large percentage of UK companies do not use effective KPI reporting for the following reasons. (click here to find out why)
6. A high percentage of UK businesses dislike Management Consultants because in general terms they talk a lot, produce lengthy reports for which the charge absorbent amounts of money and rarely implement and sustain anything.
Why Are We Different?
Like any business we are in the selling business, however, we understand that nobody should sell anything to anybody until they discover (1) the potential client needs (operational constraints) and (2) the potential client’s financial constraints.
Therefore, we always start the dialogue with all potential clients with our Discovery and Due Diligence Process by respectfully requesting that they use our Hidden Profit Discovery Tool, which produces a short report which details specific areas for profit improvement.
We use this report to form the basis of a meaningful conversation with potential clients where we can talk with them … not at them ... about how they can capture additional profits that have been hiding in plain sight. We practice what we preach, perhaps you would like to read our article about HOW TO BUILD CUSTOMER TRUST?
With the rise in software technology, enabling cloud-based solutions, HBP has developed a free, no-obligation Hidden Profit Discovery Tool to identify areas for profit improvement.
This works for any business or company of any size in any sector.
It is quick and easy to use when finished, users will be emailed a link to a short no-cost no-obligation report including an initial consultation via Skype to explain the prognosis.
HBP has developed and tested proof of concept for our proprietary Hidden Profit Discovery Tool using the advanced functions of Microsoft Excel 2018, Microsoft Power BI, Conditional Formatting & Power Pivot.
Below you will find a report for a company which manufactures glass fibre products from glass fibre fabric, they employed 22 people, with an annual turnover of £1.75m.
Features and benefits
F: Free and without obligation to use.
B: Nothing to lose and every to gain.
B: Potential clients can take the initiative freely off their own volition.
B: No interaction with salespeople.
F: The report based on the answers which the user has given.
B: Nothing is contrived.
B: Potential clients then realise for themselves that they are missing out on additional profit opportunities.
B: The report will form the basis for a meaningful initial conversation to establish a common commercial interest.
F: Debrief with decision-makers using Skype. B: Forms the basis of a meaningful & focused conversation.
B: No costly meetings.
B: Saves time & money.
B: Option to engage HBP to help with further onsite due diligence.
F: State of the art security & GDPR compliant.
F: There are no shortcuts, but there is a step by step process.
Easy to use
The report can be used for:
And there is more to come
We can also design and build customised cloud-based client qualification solutions
1. To review our Hidden Profit Discovery - Questions & Answers CLICK HERE.
2. If you like what you have just read, we invite you to interrogate our website.
3. CLICK HERE to send a message to request access to use our proprietary Hidden Profit Discovery Tool.