Managing Partner Harry Le-Moine has over 10 years as an Executive Director, plus over 24 years experience of helping companies increase sales and profits both in the United Kingdom and the United States. See our testimonials.
Helping companies to increase sales is in his DNA. Le-Moine states that in order to achieve high-performance sales, there are no shortcuts and the steps below MUST be considered in their entirety, miss any step out and there is a strong risk that the sales improvement strategy will not work.
Hidden Business Profits will only take you on as a client on the basis that we can demonstrate an outstanding return on your investment with us and you are motivated to embrace change. This means you have everything to gain and nothing to lose by speaking with us to establish if we can help you to increase your sales and profits.
Working on the basis that the marketing process generates new opportunities to do business and the sales process converts enquiries into business, we must now examine the following:
Without accurate data from Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reports the above is impossible because we never use half chances as a point of measure. We know from experience that the majority of new potential clients do not deploy accurate KPI reporting solutions, so we have created a simple process which we can immediately implement so that we can extract empirical data. After examination of the data and witness what people say and do, we will establish how improvements can (or cannot) be made.
For those that do not deploy KPI reporting solutions we ask that you consider the following:
What gets measured gets managed gets done. If marketing responses are not measured and the sales process and salespeople’s behaviour are not measured, by definition the sales department is not managed as effectively as it could be and there are almost always additional profits hiding in plain sight.
We invite you to review our KPI page then review an article we wrote: How does Key Performance Indicator reporting prevent losing situational awareness.
The next step is for us to examine your sales process. In most cases, we know from experience that salespeople often say and do the wrong things in the wrong order. The net result is additional profit opportunities are often hiding in plain sight. Any sales process must have a structured, step by step process which a salesperson must take, in order to achieve the highest possible sales conversion ratios.
If the sales process is wrong, the results, especially profits, are almost always lower than they could be and the salespeople will be earning lower commissions.
When re-engineering any sales process, we always work with the directors and sales manager to ensure ‘buy-in’.
Over 30 years ago we researched why people buy goods or services. This research came up with startling conclusions and from this we created a one day Master Class HUMAN PSYCHOLOGY AND THE BUYING MOTIVES OF THE CUSTOMER which we now deliver at no cost for every potential new client, because we work on the basis that if we fail to convince you that our approach to re-engineering a sales process is right for your company, you will not engage us.
Any changes to the sales process must address two issues:
(1) Sales training must take place to ensure the salespeople do and say the right things in the right order. Before starting any training, each salesperson and each sales manager should undergo a Psychometric Profile Analysis, to enable a better understanding of their individual characteristic traits and suitability for sales training.
(2) The sales job description must be changed to align with the new sales process.
We evangelise the use of Psychometric Profiling because it will enable us and our client to gain a profound understanding of each individual. After all, every individual is different.
When training salespeople within a re-engineered sales process each individual's characteristic traits MUST be taken into account so that they understand what will be required of them. This is why one size does not fit all does NOT work when training people to sell professionally.
Every professional sports person has regular coaching from a professional coach, we believe the same applies to professional salespeople.
We also profoundly believe that one size fits all sales training does not work. Sales training MUST be customised to the company and the individuals being trained.
• Any sales training that does not take into account Human Psychology and the Buying Motive of the Customers is fundamentally flawed.
• Any sales process that does not cover our 7 Laws of Selling is also flawed.
• Sales Training MUST be interactive, the trainer must talk with, not at the candidates.
• Sales Training MUST be role play intensive.
• Sales Managers MUST deliver short daily sales training to fine-tune their salespeople.
• Sales KPI reporting MUST be implemented to identify a downturn in an individual salesperson’s performance and automatically suggest which part of the sales process they must be immediately re-trained in.
• Sustainability strategies MUST be deployed, otherwise all of the above will be a complete waste of time.
Does your business involve selling some form of finance to close sales?
Did you also know that most companies who sell finance in order to close sales … sell finance the wrong way round? Let us explain why.
The single most important reason for selling finance at the start of the sales process is the ensure that adequate funds are in place to sell the product right now!
We show our clients how to achieve high finance penetration ratios which in turn produces high sales conversion ratios.
Are you satisfied with your conversion ratios for selling add-ons?
If you are not you are not alone.
We know from experience that salespeople are either brilliant at selling add-ons with every sale, or they have to be dragged kicking a screaming to do it and management get frustrated and annoyed?
Achieving high-performance sales can go wrong right at the start. Due diligence is the key to identify problems.
Why not ask us to mystery shop your response handling process? Call Harry Le-Moine now 01772 426 135 or 07590 279 395.
We are experts at improving the response handling process for any company of any size in any sector.
We now believe that the days of cold calling have come to an end, so let us explain that when we use the term 'prospecting' we are not referring to cold calling.
Companies must now learn new marketing strategies and response handling processes to capture new leads which can be converted into new business and this should not be referred to as prospecting.
However, there are almost always new business opportunities buried in a lead bank and repeat or referred business waiting to be captured from the customer database (providing the business has them) and this should be referred to as prospecting.
We should point out that in our view there should be no such thing as a ‘lead bank’ generated from marketing activity because the leads should either be immediately contacted and subjected to the sales process until they ‘deal or die.’
So you may ask, why do most salespeople have to be dragged kicking and screaming to uncover this hidden treasure?
We could tell you but we suspect you won't like our short answer.
We have come across similar cases where the negativity from salespeople has strangled the quest to achieve excellence. We have helped many of our clients eliminate this virus of negativity by:
• Examining the sales management infrastructure and processes.
• Then psychometrically profile the salespeople to discover strengths and weaknesses in the characteristic traits.
• Then customise an action plan to rectify matters. The action plan can include changing the follow-up process for the better and/or changing people’s behaviour who operate within the follow-up process.
• We also implement KPI reporting solutions and sustainability strategies.
We know from experience that many salespeople do not comply with statutory obligations regarding the Sale and Supply of Goods Act. (Misrepresentation).
Any sales process re-engineering must include a process and a form of words that minimises the risk of misrepresentation.
Our definition of misrepresentation: a statement of misinformed opinion, or an unqualified prophecy of the future.
Our sales process re-engineering and sales training teaches salespeople how to sell professionally, honestly and ethically.
• Do you have a short and precise brand message?
• Do all of your people understand it?
• Do all of your people evangelise your brand message with everybody they speak with?
• Do you suffer from some departments pulling against another?
Many companies deploy a flawed sales recruitment process. If the wrong people are recruited this, in turn, will lead to missed sales targets, unacceptably high staff churn and de-motivated salespeople.
• We are experts at training companies of any size in any sector to re-engineer their sales recruitment process.
• We help companies to recruit and keep good people.
• Our recruitment process will reduce staff churn, the cost per recruit, and increase sales and profits.
• Our sales recruitment process is highly structured and scored. It involves a multi-part process that includes role plays and psychometric profiling. We even custom design a structured presentation to 'sell the job' professionally.
• We are also experts at ONE DAY SALESPERSON MASS RECRUITMENT CAMPAIGNS. Over 24 years of experience has helped us perfect a process where we can subject up to 200 candidates to a highly structured and scored assessment process IN ONE DAY with astonishingly high ratios of individuals who pass our assessment process.